View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 09:40 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Gauthier was an idiot. The broadcasters the day after his rant were talking about the returns we could get on Cammy... when the trade went down they were shocked and then several GMs commented that they had no idea about the deal.

PG was a piss poor GM who grasped at straws to make the playoffs. Make no mistake that was a short term move designed to try to make the playoffs and save face from Cammy's comments. The timing of the deal (which made absolutely no sense) confirm this. Everyone knows this and Bob McKenzie himself said you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that Cammy's comments didn't have something to do with this.

Just another example of the dumb, dumb management we've had in recent years.

How about the fact that we sign the leftovers from other clubs and never drafted high? How about the fact that rather than rebuild (which we should've done an infinite number of times) we went for 8th place?

8th place and making the playoffs became the target for success and many people here became satisified with it. That was the problem.

I think acquiring prospects is great. I just think we should do a whole lot more of this...

Veteran presence is great. But not at the expense of picking up young talent. Nobody had to show Yzerman how to play. Nobody had to show Subban or Price. Good players will develop no matter what. In fact, when you build with a bunch of kids it's probably even better because they grow up together.

And we have vets that we can keep. Hal Gill was supposedly a good vet, Josh Gorges can fill that role. We don't need to turn down good opportunities for the sake of keeping a vet. Markov is woth a hell of a lot more to us as trade bait than he is as a veteran leader.

I know a whole bunch of people are going to freak out on this but it's true. We just never seem to learn this lesson.

You wouldn't deal Markov for Filip Forsberg? Why not?

Who do you think will be the better player in two years or three years? How long do you think Forsberg will be in the league? And even if he flops... what are we losing here? And if he's great... what do we gain?

How the hell is this not worth the risk?
So much fail in one post.

So you want to dump vets and get young players in return and tank yet PG was terrible because he dumped your love child Cammy for basically picks and prospects?

PG grasped at straws by firing Martin mid season and basically causing the team to nose dive thus getting our highest draft pick in 30 years? I guess he traded a bunch of picks in order to make the playoffs too didn't he? Oh wait that never happened.

This mess of an argument is so convoluted and degraded I can't tell what the heck you wanted the team to do. You get mad when the team does badly but you want to trade our vets for young prospects in dumb trades no one would ever make.

Your posts are like a Jackson Pollock painting.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote