View Single Post
Old
12-13-2003, 03:44 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
1) The over-generalizations on Devils fans being front runners.
2) The notion that Pat Burns doesn't have any faith in his team. Thats hands down the funniest thing I've read on here in ages. You can't honestly believe this to be true. How exactly do you lose faith overnight in a team that damn near went the entire 2002-2003 season without two consecutive losses and won the grand prize in all of professional hockey? We lost Nieuwendyk, Daneyko, McKenzie, Smehlik, Rheaume, and Tverdovsky prior to this season beginning and this team hasn't missed a single beat to date. Matter of fact they are better defensively with Hale and Martin learning on the job then they were last season. Why would Burns figure all of a sudden there is no hope in Jersey? You have to realize this is a ridiculous claim.
3) The repeated claims that Stevens primarily goes after small players.
4) The notion that Stevens isn't a stand up character guy. I would wager that in the right frame of mind, you would do just about anything in your power to bring in 1/3 the durable proven leader as a Scott Stevens type player to the Flyers if you seriously want to see a championship brought to Philadelphia.

The Devils have been around since, what, '83? Who did you root for before that? Or should I say who did you root for before '95? Nobody would claim that team as their own before that. It may be an over-generalization but it's also closer to true than not. I'll do this though, you quit generalizing and so will I.

The notion that Burns has lost faith in his team is proven by his own statements. The Devil's are not exactly Lady Byng candidates. Just because they don't get penalties doesn't mean they are playing clean, sorry. If he thought they would win he would discuss his own team, he wanted to get the refs on his teams side. I'm sorry you don't understand that. It's what Pat Quinn does as well. You also didn't "lose" those players, you let them go. None of those players was looking to leave. If Niewendyke wanted to leave the team he just won a Cup with, what does that tell you.

I don't know about repeated claims of Stevens going after small players, but I do know he repeatedly goes after small players. Last night it was Recchi and Gagne, pretty tough guy. Daymond Langkow, I don't remember who it was on Toronto but I'm sure he wasn't big, and how about the guy in Carolina with 11 seconds left in a game that was already decided? He won't go after big guys. He'll guard them and try to keep them in check, but he loves cheap shotting and bullying small players.

Would I want Stevens? You bet! Does that mean he isn't a bully and coward? No. He's still a good defenseman, technically sound. I hope that someone like Kapanen or Steve Sullivan can take him down and break his legs though. I doubt he could bring a championship here. Did you forget about how Brodeur makes up for most defensive lapses? Did you know Stevens plays defense? I'll take Brodeur over anyone you have or had on your team. Brodeur is the closest thing to a sure bet to get a championship.

Precisely what part of his statements are false there? Everything he said is absolutely bang on. You see it as whining. I see it as stating the truth. Jeremy Roenick fired the first warning shot over the Devils bow before this series even started complaining about how boring the Devils are. I'd bet just about everything I possess the Devils will make damn certain he eats those words.
The only part of his statements that are false is the idea that it's the Flyers. He'd be "absolutely bang on" if he said it about the NHL. It is whining. It's saying the big bad Flyers are so mean we can't even play right because they are always making us defend ourselves, it's not fair, waaa. As far as Roenick "firing the first shot" just proves what a know nothing dunce you are. Everyone has said the Devils are boring for YEARS! I'm sure the Devils are past worrying about that, but you aren't, that's funny.

Enjoy your team and maybe when they move or start losing we can argue about your "new" favorite team.

Last edited by DanKordicsFist: 12-13-2003 at 03:51 AM.