View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
The master GM Ken Holland was banking on FA to fix the Wings. He didnt have a plan B, C, D, E or F once Suter didnt sign in Detroit.

Holland's poor decisions are what forced the Wings to rely on signing Suter as their get out of jail free card. If you dont have a backup plan, you might aswell tell Suter, "Hey, here is a blank check and you fill in the blanks." If he still doesnt sign, well i cant fault Holland. Unfortunately even his all in approach was far too conservative.
Tough to be flawless for 15 years, you know or almost double the second longest playoff streak running the Sharks 8 straight seasons with no cup appearances or wins.

There are two options in the event that Holland is dispatched, Nill and Yzerman. Don't even know that Stevie would leave Tampa. Plus more than likely Holland will stay on board as the President. The philosophy isn't going to change in a large way in either case.

I will caution people the same way on both Holland and Babcock. Might a new voice change things for the better? Yes, but it could also be like when people though Llyod Carr had become stale at U of M. Changing a culture that has gotten you to where the Wings are is probably not the best idea. I applaud those of you that are bold enough to think it is a good idea, but without the names you think are going to happen it is a little hard to get excited about. It could also be a bigger disaster than this blip on the radar, be careful what you wish for.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote