View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 11:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
He scores one game in the WJC because of a bad defensive play and he's suddenly mister clutch? Come on man. (Should probably note that his explosive speed and hands contributed, also...but it was a bad play.)

Zibanejad has a lot to prove with all that has happened and what little he has actually shown since being drafted.

I, like everyone else, love his tools. However as has been mentioned many, many times to this point...it's seriously in question whether or not there is enough upstairs for him to make full use of those tools. I hope it clicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenOfSpades View Post
Plus the relegation round where I believe he was the leading scorer. Also, he did extremely well in the preseason last year (lots of pressure trying to impress management), managing to score a great over time goal against an NHL goaltender.

Do you remember watching the 2012 WJC finals? Do you know why Ronberg was upping his minutes compared to the rest of the tournament? Zibanejad was a force, generating two or three scoring chances in the last five minutes alone.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm critical of Zibanejad. He's inconsistent, plays too safe, doesn't often display elite hockey sense, eat centera. One thing I cannot deny is the fact that, when under scrutiny and pressure, Zibanejad kicks into high gear and plays to win.
Very well said. CJam, I wasn't just referring to his goal, I was referring to the role he played in that tourney when the stakes were high; the winner was just icing on the cake.

SevenOfSpades summarizes everything else perfectly.