View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 02:32 AM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Could you guys give me some info on :

Alex Khokhlachev, Malcolm Subban, and Torrey Krug?

Trying to figure out how far from the NHL each of them are and if they are worth keeping them in my keeper leagues

Thanks for any help
I'm a huge Khokhlachev fan and I don't think he's too, too far off from being ready to produce in the NHL (like I could see him as a capable NHLer within a couple years) but the Bruins top six is pretty clogged right now, especially at centre and Khokhlachev is a natural centre. Plus there's Spooner who may be in front of him on the depth chart for who gets big NHL minutes first. So it's tough to predict when he actually cracks the line up but when he does I like his chances of eventually becoming a good second liner with an outside shot at being a first liner. Subban has huge potential and is pretty good already but the Bruins goaltending situation is also complicated in front of him because Rask is only 25, Khudobin 26 but he may return to the KHL, then there's 23 year old Svedberg who has been very strong in Providence. So not only is hard to know just how many more years Subban needs to be ready for an NHL job because he's kind of raw (only been a goalie since he was 12), and it's hard to know if there will be a job available in Boston. I don't know your league rules or much at all about keeper leagues but they're both strong prospects and two of my favourites, both will be in Providence next year to provide a better idea of their immediate future. Subban further away than Khokhlachev by virtue of goalies taking longer than centres and Subban is particularly raw. They could also always be traded to teams where there is opportunity to play. Krug I know the least about because he's not an OHLer, mixed reviews so far this year from what I'm reading.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 01-19-2013 at 02:40 AM.