View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 02:59 AM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
They're not exactly revolutionary, I think that much is clear, but they're definitely not bad at all when you look at league average success rates in each round. Two inexcusable picks that I say even without the benefit of hindsight are Troy Hesketh and Cameron Abney. However, I believe this was the 2nd draft Stu ran so maybe he had some weird ideas and he's ironed them out now. All part of the learning what it takes - as long as these guys are looking at their old mistakes and improving on their process, and there should be a process and specific criteria these guys are using, then it's hard to fault them too much for doing a "bad job." Scouting is incredibly difficult.

Getting Hartikainen and Eberle out of the 2008 draft is already a win, 2 legit NHL players. One star and another everyday player is a great job, the other years are too soon to evaluate truly. Too bad we didn't have a pick in the 2nd round that year, there were some terrific players to be found there but we did end up getting Schultz. Could end up getting 2 of the top 10 players from that draft.

Last edited by puckfan13: 01-19-2013 at 03:04 AM.
puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote