View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Pnut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský said in an online chat yesterday he would like to play at least one more game for Slovan after Slovan returns from the Siberia & Kazakhstan road trip. Višňovský still hopes that the Islanders will permit him to play the game(s) for Slovan. It would certainly be reasonable, because Višňovský can't fly to America next week anyway, for family-related reasons.

Meanwhile, Slovan lost the first game on the Siberia road-trip 1-3 last night, which included an empty-netter. Višňovský could very well have made the difference in that game. The 9th-ranked team in the Western Conference is now only 8 points behind 6th-ranked Slovan, you get 3 points for regulation wins in the KHL, and next up, Slovan visits the arena of the Eastern Conference leader, Omsk. Slovan's run for a play-off spot could very well collapse on the final stretch.

Thanks again, Isles.
Guess what...if this team (Slovan) needed one player to be good (make it to the playoffs) and taking him away makes gives horrible results? Well guess what that team wasn't good enough in the first place. Period. There is no reason for this. You are not a victim, your team is not a victim. You got a little time with your hometown hero. Probably next season you will have him full time. Life is not perfect, nor do you get to take and take because you feel like you've been wronged. You haven't. Deal.

I see this kind of faux-victimization a lot in US. People wine and complain passive aggressively like:
Quote:
Thanks again, Isles.
Its not right here in the States and its not right in Slovakia.

Just so you know, my last name is Slovak and my ancestors came from what is now the Slovak Republic.....although there is a couple of towns in the Czech Republic that have my last name (or a close variation of it) as their towns name. So you know I am not biased....but you are wrong.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote