Thread: Value of: Erik Gudbranson to Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 06:06 AM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'm curious though if you actually watched any of Gudbranson playing on that 3rd place team? At the start of the yr, he struggled to adjust to the pro game so they limited his mins quite a bit (even got to be a healthy scratch a few games to help with perspective). As the season went on, he got better and better. When Garrison was out with an injury for 5 games, Gudbranson stepped into his spot on the top pairing with Campbell. The kid didnt look out of place at all and continued to show more and more down the stretch and in the playoffs. Stats only tell 1 piece of the puzzle...gotta actually watch the games to know what a player is worth.

And I'm asking this honestly (mostly to the OP), what is the motivation that the Panthers trade Gudbranson? Every indication is they love the kid and probably figure he's a future captain. He's a right-handed d-man which is rare, has a booming shot, continues to improve offensively, plays a physical style and keeps getting bigger. Unless you offer a massive overpayment that most Sens fans would not agree to, there's not much that makes sense in this discussion.
Technically I don't think I've seen him play as the 3rd place team(semantics), but I've caught Florida on center ice for at least a few games last season. Nothing really stood out at all. Had to look for the guy. Wasn't really given much ice time either, though so that didnt help matters. Sorry, I didnt catch those five games, and that is too small of a sample size to be very relevant.

I dont see how playing ok with Brian Campbell for 5 games makes him worth much more. Again, I'm not debating his value and his upside, I've said straight up, there is NO WAY IN HELL I'D PAY THAT PRICE. I don't see how this is so difficult to understand. I said if Florida wants to basically give him away, that would be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I wouldn't trade Turris alone for Gudbranson
Amen. It would take Turris+Methot, or Silfverberg+1st, I would think. I wouldnt do either player for Gudbranson, to begin with, let alone adding onto it.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote