View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 06:54 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Even without Subban I really like the looks of our top4 D. Hopefully Kaberle has a good game vs his former team and gets good chemistry with Gorges.

Once Subban is back, have him play with Markov.

I also like that our two top6 lines are so different. The first one with Cole and Pacioretty is more of a power line that can exploit and punish weaker defensemen. The second one is formed of tenacious skilled player that can drive bigger but slower defensemen mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles
I don't recognize a lot of those names on the Leafs' D. Will they be as bad as I think/hope?
I have no clue who Kotska is or were he comes from. The rest are just overrated, as is the case every year.

The Leafs just don't have a very good roster, even compared to us. Their bottom 6 isn't great (JVR-Kadri-Komarov? really? this isn't the AHL, they will have trouble scoring and have no use as a checking line). Their fourth line is slow and not that much grittier than ours (White and Prust are good in that regard with Moen a good element on the third line, giving an aspect they don't have. Bourque can actually fight as well). Their top6 is similar to ours but at least we don't have Bozak as a top2 center. The fact that Plekanec can be used effectively in a shutdown role is nice as well, it gives more flexibility than Toronto's ''all in'' offense.

On defense it really depends on how well guys like Markov and Kaberle play, we'd have the edge with Subban (sign dammit!). That they still have Komisarek on their top4 is hilarious.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 01-19-2013 at 07:09 AM.