View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 07:45 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
The 92-93 season was messed up because the team stopped playing for Roger Neilson, I remember that guy Mike Hurlbut who wasn't very good was used on D a lot due to injuries, and the team had some really bad injuries.

Prior to 93-94, they brought in Mike Keenan as was heavily rumored and everyone knew that he was going to work this very talented roster and get the best out of them so expectations where high. They went to London to plat the Maple Leafs in the Mustard Cup I think it was(?) beat them, and then expectations were even higher.

A big change early in the year was Sergei Zubov eventually being a full timer and getting PP time, while James Patrick's role was diminished.

The team got off to a bad start, Keenan flipped out, and ostracized longtime favorites James Patrick and Darren Turcotte who were shipped out for Steve Larmer and Nick Kypreos in the three way with Chicago/Hartford. Then the team picked up steam.

That was the big addition early in the year before the trade deadline.

What I remember most about that year was Keenan had some players he just really didn't like because he thought they weren't gritty enough; Patrick, Turcotte, Gartner, Amonte. All of these guys were shipped out for grittier players.

As far as this year, I'm not ready to even talk Cup until I see these guys on the ice. A lot of question marks. They'll be fine and I believe will make the playoffs, but I don't know if they're going to win the Division or finish higher than 6. I'm not being a pessimist but they lost quite a few guys who were very important to this team like Dubi, Artie, Prust, and I don't know how the chemistry will work. Also, I'm not sold on the PP or Gabby as a LW to start the year.

If they play well early and go on a winning streak, then I'll be sold.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote