Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: St. Louis Signs Wade Redden [1 Year/$800,000]
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 08:16 AM
jmwc95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
So you've got nothing, either, except a hard-on for Ian Cole.

Got it.
Let's not act like you have jack other than your opinion either.

I want Cole to be the missing piece on defense. Then we would be set. I haven't seen enough out of him to be able to say that he isn't. But based on the way the Blues are handling him, it doesn't appear to me that they view him with that high of upside anymore. He was drafted in the first round 6 years ago. He was drafted a couple spots away from Ryan McDonagh and Kevin Shattenkirk. PK Subban was drafted in the next round. Carl Gunnarsson was drafted in the 7th round that year. He should be making a significant contribution to the club by now. But they seem reluctant to thrust him into a significant role. Why do you think that is? Players' primes these days are from 25-30. He'll turn 24 next month. If he doesn't take a major step in the next year, he's probably not going to. I hope I am wrong about Cole, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. He's probably not going to amount to anything more than a bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL. He has all the physical tools, but I sense that his hockey sense or discipline is lacking.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote