View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer
Ill take a wager that Aucoin ends up replacing Reasoner who is pretty much useless in my eyes. Why he got a two year deal is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Beyond me, too....He's Monroe County, NY, not from a Boston suburb.
I agree that Reasoner has good 'reason' to worry - and that's due to not only the acquisition of Aucoin, but also the strides guys like Cizikas, Ullstrom and even Sundstrom have been taking - but to be fair to Garth, Marty was signed coming off a 14-18-32, +2 season in which he played all 82 games for a mediocre and low scoring Panthers' club. He'd been playing a decent 3rd/4th center job for a number of years and a number of not-so-good teams.

There was good reason to believe that he'd keep that kind of production up while being a plus in the defensive center department.

Instead, he fell off the planet in a manner that was little more than disgusting.

Now he's got one more year, but has head into training camp as one of the oldest and most non-active players coming out of this lockout.

It's a bit of lose-lose situation for him, but hey, if he loves the game enough, I could set him up nicely over here in Germany or Austria.:-) In fact, I fully expect to see him over in this part of the world next season.

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 01-25-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote