View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP27Blues View Post
I was thinking about 4.5-5 for shatty. His production is worth more than 3 mil and he has to know it.
I think the Del Zotto contract (2y/$2.55m per) is a decent marker for Shattenkirk. Shattenkirk will be more proven, and is the better player at this point IMO, but I don't think it is enough to get him that much more than MDZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I think it's pretty obvious that Elliott does not mind being a part of the 2 goalie system. He signed a 2 year extension when his value as a free agent would have been at an all time high. A team like Columbus or Toronto probably would've given him a decent contract to be their starter, but he chose to stay. I have no idea if Jaro likes being part of a 2 goalie system, but he's played better during his career when he's either pushing someone else(Price), or being pushed himself. He may not like it, but I think it suits him well. He's so streaky, so when he's on his hot streak, you can ride him until he cools off. When he's having an off week, you can play the other goalie until he finds his form again.
I wouldn't read that much into the Elliott decision. He could have got a little bit more money elsewhere had he decided to look elsewhere in the offseason, but if he can put up anything close to what he did last season over the next 2 years then he is likely gone.

1 good year gets you a nice contract for 1 or 2 years, but he was smart and realised that St. Louis gave him the best opportunity to come close to what he did last season. If he does that over the next 2 years, then a team will give him a fat contract for 4+ years.

We'll be in a good position to decide who we want to go with at that point, and hopefully Allen or Lundström will be ready to push for that 1B position.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote