View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
I almost interpret Gillis' public comments to be panic. Perhaps he missed the boat. If the rumours are true he turned down both Luke Schenn and Dave Bolland in offers up to this point. Schenn could have been parlayed into JVR. I'd take JVR or Bolland for Luonogo.

Either that or, and I think this is more likely, Luongo has gone to Gillis and told him he'll only waive to be traded to either of the FLA teams, and Gillis has asked him to keep that quiet while he tries to get them to offer him something worthwhile. So far only the Panthers have shown interest and they are not offering anything acceptable.

Re Toronto, I can't really understand why Luongo would even want to go to Toronto. They have a rabid media, very bitter fanbase and most importantly, their team is horrid. Sounds like the exact reason you get yourself a NTC - to avoid that tye of situation.
I'll agree with absolutely everything except the bolded. IF...and i think it's not happening, but if Luongo came here and got us in the playoffs, he becomes a God. How can you call us bitter? We've missed the postseason 8 straight years and we are still ok with playing the kids this year.