View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzz View Post
Subban has a higher ceiling then Letang, he is younger, can get in now and replace Letang and match pretty much everything he does even out perform him...

Basically, i think that Letang's status is a bit overhyped by the fact that he plays with a couple od 100 pts+ guys on his roster...

You put Subban in that situation an he produces at a Letang like pace !

And COME ON,

Depres, Harrington and a 1rst(25-30)

How does that help the Habs ATM?? Considering the fact that they are in the same conference and that the habs will see subban 6 times per year in a 82 games year. It would take WAY more then this offer for this to be possible!!!

My point is if you want Subban now, you got to give back something that can replace him in the habs roster NOW, not in 2-3 years.. and the only way that can be done is by overpayment!

I guess i was asking a lot by adding a 2nd rounder, but your asking the habs, a team with a very shallow defense either on roster or in the depth charts, to trade their 1rst D against two prospects and a low 1rst.... Not going to work unless you offer something that can replace Subban's ice time and counter balance the fact that the habs will have to face a PIT super squad 6 times per seasons...

So,

habs needs + same conference factor = Letang is the only way this deal gets done from a habs POV !
I really hope that was a thinly veiled attempt at trolling.