01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
my questions that need to be anwered,

1.) is horton healthy and ready...YES!
2.) Is this seguin better than the one last year...YES!
3.) is chris Bourque better than pouliot...No!
4.) can Dougie contribute more than corvo ior any other 6 man we have had, can he be better than kaberle towards the end of the year?...No!
5.) Can tuuka compete hard like timmay...Unknown!

if these 5 things come true I expect a long run
Regarding item 4, I think some folks will have a tendency to over rate Hamilton's potential as it relates to actual performance. He's Seguin as a defenseman. And defense is likely going to be tougher for him in Claude's system than offense was for Seguin. Corvo and Kaberle may have had their suck on big time during their time with the Bruins, but they also had years of experience playing in the NHL as NHL defensemen, and Kaberle's career -- regardless of how derailed it got with the Bruins -- was quite successful. Dougie has a big job ahead of him. Hope for the best; expect maybe not the worst but nothing stellar.

My worry with item 5 is can Tuukka keep the opposing team out of his head? Timmy could and that was one of his strengths. Tuukka seems to lose it from time to time, and that won't be helpful. I know folks are amused by his milk crate tantrum, and I know a lot will disagree with me here, but that's a sign of weakness, not strength. He needs to remain calm and cool and let that stuff go. If he doesn't then we will see a lot more of Khudobin than we'd like.