View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Doughty didn't holdout during the season though. He was signed on September 30th, a week before the Kings played their first game.

This situation is just not good and I'm starting to be terrified I'll wake up some morning to the news of Subban being dealt for 50 cents on the dollar with Bergevin telling us how he wants ''character'' people here.
Bergevin's prowess at trading is an unknown variable at this point and would be scary if it came down to dealing Subban. If he traded him for another d-man he would invariably lose that deal. I would be ok with him going to Columbus for Nikitin and their first rounder but that is an unlikely scenario. The best strategy in dealing him would be for a top young center like Huberdeau +.

I would prefer that we sign P.K. but this really is damning eveidence about his character and commitment to winning. Even though his teammates understand the process, I am sure many of them are less than impressed with Subban right now. Every game missed is almost twice as important as a game missed in a full season. Even if we sign him in the next few days, he has not played anywhere since last season and will almost surely be a liability when he returns. I wonder how Price and Pacioretty feel about this when they are busting their humps to win games while Subban feels he is entitled to better deals than they signed coming off of their respective ELCs.