View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
The only thing missing to support most of your points is the actual demands of PK and Bergevin's offer. You seem to think Bergevin is lowballing PK but I am not sure this is the case. You also don;thave a good argument of the lenght is the only issue. Why would that big that big an issue for Subban if the $ amount is acceptable? Certainyl not reason enough not miss the start of the season. There was a nice article in La Presse today where Georges sais that he did not know why this was such an issue for PK. He also wanted a long term contract and had to sign a one-year deal before his current contract. Also said that 95% of players have to go through that. It put things n perspective for me.
In all honesty, those are pretty bold remarks by Gorges. The guy just got an awfully well paid contract and now gives some lessons to how the "team" is important? And Gorges's situation is in no way comparable to Subban. Gorges is not the player that PK is. Of course he accepted a 1-year contract.

While I would have also appreciated to see PK accepting a 2-year contract, he also has the right for 5. What I don't understand it's how it's impossible to split in the middle.