View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 10:43 AM
dickiedunnwrotethis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I disagree.

When a kid comes out and basically trashes your organization with a move like this, you sometimes need to take a stand. By the sounds of it, Forsberg and his family basically blamed the Cougars for not getting him ranked by Central Scouting.

You can say what you want, but that's a pretty ridiculous view. The kid has always been knocked for his work ethic and lack of physical play.

If he put in more effort on the ice and off the ice, his skill would have easily got him ranked by Central Scouting.

I have no problem with what the Cougars are doing with this situation. You can't give kid's like this exactly what they want in all cases.
Just to be clear, when a kid wants to leave he's trashing the organization? So by that reasoning, when a team trades a player they're really calling that player trash? Good to know what Saskatoon really thought of Kambeitz. And Moose Jaw of Edmundson. Or any other player traded this year. Then again, maybe I'm being too harsh. Maybe it's not personal; maybe these teams just wanted to better themselves? After all, it's a bedrock principle of our country that everyone has the right to try and better themselves. That should certainly apply to multi-millionaire owners and well-paid coaches. Just not 17 year old kids, I guess.

By the way, if the "kid has always been knocked for his work ethic and lack of physical play" then why did the PG management team draft him? Sounds like poor management to me. Hmmm...what else is poor management known for? Perhaps poor player development? And the reason why Forsberg want out? Oh yeah, he doesn't feel like he's developing properly. Hmm.

Look, maybe it is all Forsberg's fault. I'm not on the team. But considering what a league-wide joke the ownership and management team is considered to be, maybe people might want to look there first before jumping on a kid's character. Just a thought.

dickiedunnwrotethis is offline   Reply With Quote