View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 12:39 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiedunnwrotethis View Post
Just to be clear, when a kid wants to leave he's trashing the organization? So by that reasoning, when a team trades a player they're really calling that player trash? Good to know what Saskatoon really thought of Kambeitz. And Moose Jaw of Edmundson. Or any other player traded this year. Then again, maybe I'm being too harsh. Maybe it's not personal; maybe these teams just wanted to better themselves? After all, it's a bedrock principle of our country that everyone has the right to try and better themselves. That should certainly apply to multi-millionaire owners and well-paid coaches. Just not 17 year old kids, I guess.

By the way, if the "kid has always been knocked for his work ethic and lack of physical play" then why did the PG management team draft him? Sounds like poor management to me. Hmmm...what else is poor management known for? Perhaps poor player development? And the reason why Forsberg want out? Oh yeah, he doesn't feel like he's developing properly. Hmm.

Look, maybe it is all Forsberg's fault. I'm not on the team. But considering what a league-wide joke the ownership and management team is considered to be, maybe people might want to look there first before jumping on a kid's character. Just a thought.
- I never said that when a kid requests a trade that he is ripping the organization. A newspaper article came out shortly after this all blew up, where the Cougars said that Forsberg and his parents were blaming PG for not having his kid listed by Central Scouting. THAT is ripping the organization. That's what I was referring to. Not simply requesting a deal, I never said that.

- You are fine to have the opinion you have...I'm surely not putting all the blame on Forsberg or his family. I'm sure he's a good kid and is just trying to look out for himself. I can understand that. I just don't really like when players can essentially try and blame the organization when it's widely known that he's a very inconsistent player in many different aspects. I just also respect the fact that the Cougars didn't blink when Forsberg put a gun to their head with this move, so to speak. They weren't about to have their hand forced if a good deal for their organization wasn't out there.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote