View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Smokey McCanucks

vCash: 500
Of course Vigneault prefers to play guys like Rome or Wiese or Glass or Ebbett over guys like Hodgson or Grabner or Gragnani or Schroeder. He's a hockey coach! If you're a coach you take the plugger who leaves it all out there every shift over the hotshot who skates twice as fast one way as he does the other, and you do that EVERY time! Vigneault does it and he's right to do it and it's made this team a winner. When Vigneault replaced Crawford he made it incredibly clear: for a long time the guys with the most talent and skill got the most minutes regardless of if they were playing well or playing hard, but Vigneault gives the grinders and effort guys a fair shake. I don't think that's a bad thing.

I've watched a lot of hockey, played a little too. Rome played great for us. We turned it into a joke but Vigneault was 100% correct to play Rome so much. He left it all out there, he did all the little things, and he'll be missed here for sure. He was a trooper and played better than guys with a better resume or more name recognition - he deserved every minute of ice time he got here. Glass too, and Wiese, those guys play hard, and if Vigneault and Gillis say it's Ebbett over Schroeder, I say they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Edit, and I shouldn't have to point out that at one point Burrows and Kesler were those pluggers, in Vigneault's first year they were the Wiese and Lapierre of that team that beat Dallas and lost to Anaheim. They always played hard, Vigneault gave them minutes, and it turned out okay.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote