View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 12:21 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Legend

The Spits looked good last night and I think are now playoff bound, especially with Erie stumbling. Still should've traded Batemen, if they could've got a big power forward, who goes to the net, or a big steady stay at home D. Yeah I know the OHL has alot kids, but look at the teams that do well and I am telling you SIZE still matters so much in this leauge, especially on D, I mean some of these forwards even at 17 years of age are like 6 ft 4 and 200 lbs, how do these under sized D expect to move them from in front of the net?, or win the battle along the boards? You really see this when you are at the games live, down low along the glass in any OHL arena.

Having said that hope to see the Spits and Knights battle it out in the playoffs. ON another note, waht are your thought on Morgan Reily, being cut from the Leafs. EHre's another example, fo a kid who is a great skater, great pass, but under sized to be sure. The Leafs list him at 6ft, No Way, saw him next to the TSN reporter, no more than 5 ft 11 at best. Just look how great Ryan Ellis was in the O and how difficult it is for him to amke it in the show. The only under 6 ft D I can recall making a huge impact in the NHL was Rafalski, with New Jersey.
They tried hard to trade Bateman no takers,and or could not get what they wanted
while I agree he is not big,he does have quick feet,which served Posa well in this league,ideally i like them big and mobile ie Ebert and Koekkoek,but my feeling is that Bateman just might work partnered with the right guy,and so far since the deadline and moreso since Koekkoek went down he has really stepped up,i hope its a turning pt for him
As for question about Reilly rfe the Leafs,no exhibition games and age held him back,I do think he will make them next yr,he is a beauty