View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 12:30 PM
alexthekidd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
mcphee said regarding poti that there were no salary cap issues. the caps have plenty of room there.

as to ward. i think there is more to that than meets the eye. ward scored 18 even strenth points for the caps for the caps in 11;39 of average even strenth time. his overall average was just a 12 and a half per game and he was +12. previous season in nashville he had 23 esp in 13:41 of average even strenth time per game. thats about the same production per minute. nashville used him on the pp and he played over 17 minutes on average. his role was completely different.

the caps got him for the playoffs. he was tied with ovechkin for 4th on the team in even strenth points in the playoffs was tied for 5th oveall. he played 10:25 per playoff game. he scored the biggest caps goal of the playoffs.
Yeah I'm aware that he'll fit in fine this year, I'm thinking more over the next few years it has the potential to at the very least decrease flexibility under the cap.

Agree re: Ward. Undervalued and I'd like to see what he could do given more opportunity on this team. He's great along the boards and Chimera/Laich and him could get some great cycling going like they did at the start of last season.

What I'd really like to see is Oates give this lineup a good few games to gel before tinkering. See if we can get some chemistry going on the team. I've always felt that Bruce and Dale were all too happy to change the lineup prematurely.