View Single Post
01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Advanced Stagnostic
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Isn't it still the same system for this upcoming draft?
Oh, I don't know, to be honest. Never read anything about that, so I just assumed we'd use the new one right away. Could just have missed that, obviously.

Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Well this may be the season to actually make a trade early and hope that the mid level team (like a Calgary or Dallas type team) after the trade doesn't have a great finish and the teams are so close in the standings that a team that finishes 5 points out of the playoffs ends up getting a 5-10 pick.
Of course, it is a huge gamble either way.
Yeah, probably too much of a gamble. Especially since I don't think we'll be bad enough to prove we're not going anywhere this year that quickly.

Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Personally I am not giving up Perry (Getz will stay I think) unless it is for a 1st rounder, a very high top prospect and a top 6 player.
Depending on the "very high top prospect" and the expected quality of the "top-6 player", that might be an expectation that won't be matched. If we're out of the race (or not looking good), I don't think there's no real question of what I'd be trading him for. At that point, it makes no sense to keep him. The rest is up to the market. There would be a decent return, anyway. But there's little of a point trying to force a return that's unknown for UFAs. I think he could net a bit more than Kovy at the time, but the definition of the terms "top-6er" or "very high top prospect" probably would to be softened, a bit. I would hope to be wrong, but before that, I hope we'll just be able to not find out by signing him.