Thread: Proposal: Roster 2013/14
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
I re-read this part of your post, when exactly does the buy-out period take place? I'm just thinking about how they worked it with the NBA. Teams used it strategically by signing the guy they wanted before buying out their own player. For example, the Sixers wanted to sign Nick Young and wanted to stay under the cap/avoid paying luxury tax, they signed Young then bought out Elton Brand. Just thinking to myself outloud here, if we could do the same with Perry. Sign Perry and then buyout Briere, not the reverse, of buying out Briere then going after Perry. Would allow the Flyers take a swing at a big name player like Perry or even Getzlaf while having the protection of knowing if they miss at least they still have Briere. They could even do that the following season as well. Again, it would nice if I knew more about how these amnesty buy-outs work. Any CBA guru to help me out here?
all you ever hear is off-season so i suspect a team has the entire off-season for this but it's a good question i really can't say for certain.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote