View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 01:55 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
So the Canucks have 9 defensemen on the roster right now, and were forced to send Schroeder to the minors to fit under the 23-man roster.

Barker and Vandermeer were just signed, so that leaves Ballard(or maybe Alberts) as the odd man out.

I think any team with a need for defense and a good amount of cap space would be willing to take a chance that he's able to rebound, now that he's finally over his injury troubles, and if given an opportunity I think he would prove himself as a capable top-4 defenseman again.

So, either a pick(I think we could get a 2nd for him, given the amount of teams pressed for defense) or a similarly overpaid player in need for a change of scenery(maybe Bourque?) would probably be fair.

However, the Canucks don't have much leverage here, as if Ballard stays withcus until the offseason, he will most likely be bought out to accomodate the cap.
no, I do not see you get a second for him--there have been better players on the waiver wire.

and, oh yeah, his contract--but of s sticky wicket with that one old chum

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote