View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 04:01 PM
jughead42*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I understand what you're saying but like you point out to the depth of the team I think the lack of depth can take it's toll even in just one series. We can ignore a team like Owen Sound and Kitchener for now because there is no chance of facing them in round 1 of the playoffs if they make it. I think there's some misinformation or saying things to suit your argument. You like Pavelka a lot more than I do and I can respect that. How can a guy like Mahalak be criticized and not as good as Pavelka when he has better numbers this year and most think Plymouth's D isn't very good? That doesn't really jive if you get my drift. We will know more in a week but I think you may put Galchenyuk ahead of Khokhlachev, he's with Montreal for now but Therrien is even apprehensive about putting him in the lineup right now but he will be there for the current time. I hope Windsor can play well enough to get into the playoffs but I still have a hard time favoring Windsor over a team like London, Plymouth or Sarnia. If Windsor for instance sneaks in as a 7 seed and Windsor only wins 2 of the 5 remaining games against Plymouth who would give Windsor an edge against that team? I guess we will see where this team is come 2 months from now.
Mahalak? Are you still beating that drum? Isn't he the guy who almost lost his starting job to a 16yo rookie for letting in softies earlier in the year? You should know numbers aren't everything, a good goalie makes the saves when they are needed most and that is something I feel Pavelka is much more capable of than Mahalak. When you see Pavelka play you can see he's a superior goalie regardless of his numbers. We've had some crummy goalies over the years, and some good ones. Pav is better than most of them based on what I see with my eyes. Goals against doesn't take into account things like being on the penalty kill (ours was brutal much of the season) or other situational things. Very rarely does Pavelka let in goals he shouldn't that hurt the team. Sure, he'll have a bad game from time to time but all goalies do. Pavelka however consistently makes the saves he should, he doesn't leave rebounds laying around too much, he's quick on his feet and he doesn't let traffic in his crease or a bad goal effect his play. I see that with my eyes that the numbers won't show, and those are the things that make a good goalie in my opinion.