Old
01-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
He had his issues. But I thought a lot of the defensive regression was system based last year as much as regression by any of the players. Martin I include in that.
Agreed whole-heartidly. Too many players being asked to play out of their comfort zone led to only the offensive-slanted guys (and Engelland, oddly) being even half-decent.

Also Martin was pretty damn good for about a 2 month stretch of the season while he was still getting shat on, before he (and everyone else) stopped playing defense down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Martin had a bad year, no doubt, it just still bugs me that he got all of the derision while Orpik and Michalek got so little despite being just as bad.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote