Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Marlins won two series in what, five years? You wouldn't take that as a fan? Even with the lean years in between? Ask the Texas Rangers fan, or the Boston Red Sox fan (pre 2004), or SF Giants fan (again, pre 2009), or Chicago Cubs fans, etc etc etc.

Carolina won a Cup. You live in Cane country. Ask them if they would trade that one Cup for a dozen years In the playoffs during that period. I will be shocked if more than 1 in 10 would trade that Cup away.

I think you're just arguing w me because your hurt I called you myopic (as it obviously bothered you since you interjected it into a post within an hour of my commenting it). Sorry if that upset you, I felt it was the word that best fit your comments.

So you'd rather 10 straight playoff years, no Cup. Vs. 4 years in 10 in the playoffs, with 1 cup?

Not me.
well...of course you cant ask a canes fan that question. they have a cup. but facts are when they are missing the playoffs, the cup they won is no concellation. its old news.

you come at this with the idea that cup or bust means cup. it usually means bust and with the caps it almost certainly means bust.

was it you that called me myopic? lol....careful not to give yourself too much credit. you assume i know what myopic means.

so....for the record, if the caps went for broke and had the montreal series happen again and then spent the firesale season and 4 or 5 more seasons trying to get back to qualifying for the playoffs....thats ok with you?