View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
The guys who needed a bounce back after last season/playoffs largely had strong games. Martin, especially, looked good, as did Fleury and Orpik.

Sutter looked really good tonight. Great defensively, and showed some nice offensive touches. I don't know if his top end is as good as Staal, but I think he's going to be a good replacement for him on that third line in a checking role.

I thought Tangradi was decent in the offensive zone, but he looked pretty bad in the defensive zone, particularly at getting the puck out when it came around to him. Until he can clean that up, I actually don't mind Bylsma playing Glass or one of the other grinders on the Malkin/Neal line when the faceoff is in the Pens' zone.

I'm not sure if Sid looked average because of the long layoff, or because his wingers showed zero creativity out there. Probably a combination of both. But I think these are the types of games we'll see from Sid when he's not in beast mode if he's going to be flanked by wingers lacking offensive creativity.

Overall, it was a really high tempo game and entertaining to watch. Real playoff-like atmosphere. Glad to see the boys come out with the 2 points.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote