View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Pancakes

vCash: 500
+ Paul Martin. Player of the game imo. He looked really, really solid. He was playing with confidence and making great reads.

+ Brandon Sutter. This kid is exactly what this franchise needed with Jordan Staal going elsewhere. His game isn't flashy at all but he just does nothing but make good reads and execute plays. Really love this kid.

+ Craig Adams. Everyone *****ed and *****ed for Bylsma benching Vitale in favor of Adams (and I felt annoyed about it too). I gotta say though, Adams had a whale of a game. He was great on the pk and was winning a lot of battles. I want Vitale in the lineup, and I'm sure Adams will go back to being questionably useful again, but you have to give the guy credit. He played a great game.

+ Tanner Glass. Lots of good energy plays, looks like a good fit for the 4th.

+ Brooks Orpik. I didn't notice him much, which means he played well.

+ Kris Letang. Not much to say here, he did what Kris Letang does.

+ Sid Crosby. He wasn't at top Sid level but he made a lot of great passes that could have been converted into goals. The Giroux goal wasn't even his fault that was on Kunitz for not covering his man and Fleury for not closing his fiveole.

+ TK. He was all over the ice. It seems like every year he always starts strong and then peters out. Hopefully he can maintain this level for longer this year.

+ Real deal. He was dangerous all night but what is underrated about his game is his passing. He made some sweet board plays.

+ Powerplay. I thought it looked good the few times we saw it. Still nervous about Nealer on the point though.

= Fleury. I thought he looked shaky in the first two periods but in the third he looked really good. I don't know if the coaches calmed him down or if it was the Flyers starting to mount pressure but Fleury started to get his head into it and looked composed in net.

= Tangradi. He had some decent shifts but he still looks like he's thinking too much sometimes. I'm sure part of it is him adjusting to his new linemates. Hopefully he starts to click with them.

- Malkin. Had an assist but looked pretty floaty out there. His talent is such that he got chances anyways but I thought he just wasn't as engaged as he usually is.

- Fancy board play in our own zone. Those little board passes up the middle were hurting us at times. Keep it north south unless the up the middle pass is wide open.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote