View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
People should just stop with this "it's a team sport". It's a team sport filled with players that are paid a lot, and others who aren't paid that much. There are stars in a team, and there are fillers. It's a team sport, but if Jonathan Quick isn't brillant, this team doesn't win the Cup last year as much as THE TEAM won it....And every other example like that. If you remove Subban from the team and can't add nothing significant, YOUR TEAM won't be as good. And Subban will prove that he's 5M $ worth. Not sure, but we did substract Gomez and his salary even if he, alone, wasn't the only liability on this team.

You decide how good YOUR TEAM will be based on the INDIVIDUALS making it.
Definitely true.

That being said, we have no idea what's going on behind the negotiating table here. All we can do is speculate and based on past history I think Meehan is the real problem here. Seems like all of his clients like to sit out...

I don't feel comfortable choosing one side or the other. I definitely think Subban is a five million dollar player at this point as he's a legit first pairing defender right now. Not a star but definitely a 1st pairing guy. But there are cap implications here and I'm sure it's more complicated than just how much he's worth as the Canadiens are trying to manage the cap and set precedent for future negotiations with RFAs.

This is par for the course man. Every team is going to have to deal with this at some point. Just our misfortune that Meehan is representing PK. He'll be signed and this will all be forgotten.