View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 05:46 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Subban is very underrated defensively and he has a lot of potential offensively and has already shown it at the NHL level. His attitude problems in the habs locker room and at the scrimmages have been overblown a lot too in case you guys were wondering. He was a headcase at first and still might be at times, but he has toned it down a lot since the beginning. I could see a team like Philly being great trading partners with the Habs for Subban, I don't know if your guys' powerplay always struggles like it did tonight from what I saw but Subban has 33 points on the PP out of his career total (76 pts) so he could definitely help you guys out there. He has a wicked shot, good puck handling skills (despite his rare giveaways in the defensive zones which are always dangerous), and he is a great hitter and passer, and like I said underrated defensively. I know I'm pumping his tires and making him sound like a top 10 defender in the league and trust me he's very far from it, but he has the potential to become one and I think one day he will make it there. He's only 23 and he came into the league at a young age and he's already in his 3rd season and that's when most people should be entering the league so he will only get better. As for the Subban for Couturier trade, I personally wouldn't do it because Subban has been our #1 D for two years now so unless it was a very tempting offer like Couturier + then I would take it only because Subban is just that important to us, but then it wouldn't be worth it for you guys since it would be an overpayment. Don't get me wrong here for wanting you guys to add to Couturier, he is an amazing player, I can't even imagine having him on the habs and I am 100% sure the rest of the habs fanbase feels that way but its a little hard to picture him on our team at the expense of Subban because our defense would be crippled and we'd be looking at a lottery pick.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote