View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Pardon My Swag

vCash: 500
+ Sutter, really liked what I saw from him. He has some really good speed.

+ Fleury, nothing spectacular, but a much better showing than the play-offs last year. He kept it simple and got pretty nice bounces his way (11/11 on PK saves).

+ Finishing checks and taking them to make plays.

+ Starting the season strong with a win, so important. 4 point game.

- Kunitz, his defensive lapse on Giroux's goal was ridiculous. That play was incredibly slow developing and it still vexed him. Hopefully that is just the rust of the off-season.

- Crosby, I honestly felt like he looked a little tired and defaulted a little too much to his wingers on the boards when taking the puck into the zone. He for sure needs to do more shooting, because we all know what he can do. I'm sure he will be much better soon since he didn't play any real games in the off-season like the others and he was probably making sure his head wasn't going to get smashed in the whole game.

- Tangradi, didn't really see what gave him the edge over Bennett to be honest. I know it is only one game, but if he can't produce with Malkin and Neal over the next few games, I can see Bennett getting his shot rather quickly.

- Officiating, a lot of phantom calls after we had our one power-play of the game that resulted in a goal. I think the officials are a little rusty from the off-season as well...I hope...

Pardon My Swag is offline   Reply With Quote