View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 06:17 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
That's what I'm saying. With all the hype he's getting it would be hilarious if he wasn't any better offensively than Backes or Oshie. I mean seriously? How many media folks have said he could become a star? 55-60 points wouldn't cut it.

So yeah, asking for 80 points in his prime shouldn't be too much to ask for. If he can't do that then the Blues still fail to learn their lesson when it comes to touting their prospects.
So you're going to expect him to be an elite player so that if he is not, the St. Louis Blues organization will learn from your spiteful expectations that they should be more moderate about how media covers their prospects?

Armstrong and Hitchcock have spoken highly of him, but they speak highly of those players who just score in the 50's, too. I haven't heard anything from the actual St. Louis Blues that recommends expectations like that. All of the really crazy hype is coming from fans. And you can choose to filter that rather than accepting it as some kind of poor management choice on behalf of the Blues to mislead fans about prospects.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote