View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Oil View Post
The Admirals, as a team, started off very slowly. They weren't skating well, finishing checks, or really looking like they cared at all. As I'm sure most of you probably saw they gave up the two early PP goals. On the first one Fasth was definitely caught out of position. On the second, it was deflected in and there was not a whole lot he could have done to prevent it. The Admirals finished the game strong. After the Rosehill fight in the 2nd period the Admirals seemed to be recharged. They were skating hard, forechecking and trying to make a play. They looked much better on the PP in the 2nd and 3rd. (They could not stay in the zone in the first). It was really nice to see them get the shootout win.

A few of you asked about specific players:

Fasth: He looked pretty good tonight. As I said earlier, he was caught out of position on the first goal but other than that he was solid. Very, very solid in the shootout and overtime period. Hell, he was solid from the 2nd period on. Didn't seem to have any trouble handling the puck or make any really big gaffs. He did give up a 2 or 3 rebounds that could have turned out badly but ended up being OK due to good defensive play.

Mitchell: I thought he played very hard tonight. He didn't get on the score sheet or anything but judging him by this game I'd say he could become a really solid 3rd/4th liner in the NHL someday. He was always hustling, hard on the forecheck, battling for loose pucks, had a shorthanded breakaway (though he doesn't seem to have much of a scoring touch judging him by his moves), and made a few solid hits.

Clark: Don't really have much to say about Clark. I found myself not even really noticing him that much tonight. (That's usually a good thing. He didn't make any glaring mistakes and was for the most part unnoticeable). One of the times that I remember him was on the PK. A puck got behind him and he was racing against the Ice Caps forward to get back and got beat. His defensive partner covered for him and the puck was cleared out of the zone but it just seems to me like he has slow feet. I wouldn't say he looked slow, just not as quick as some others on the D.

No one asked for him but Etem tonight was great. He was all over the place and even had a few breakaway chances. He could have easily have had a hatty tonight if he could have put away a few of those chances.
Thanks for that. And go pink ice! Relatedly, I think Darryl Reaugh is an insufferable windbag, but I love his light blue ice / orange pucks idea. It would make things so much easier to watch, and the puck much easier to follow.