View Single Post
Old
12-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced
I just hope that once Ottawa gets their ship righted (which it appears that they have pretty much done so); they look to help us in Binghamton. Our young prospects are not getting the job done. They're not nearly as talented as the group that we had last season in Pothier, Spezza and Vermette. This season's class of Senators prospects in Binghamton can be given a resounding "F". Since we'll have to wait until next season to get a new class of rookies...to at least try to salvage our season, I hope that Ottawa is able to go out and get us a couple of veteran centermen and at least 2-3 defensemen.

As for Emery....last season, many thought he would be good, but I don't believe anyone thought he'd be THAT good...and he was. This season, he's proven that he's NOT ready for the NHL. His focus is just not there; he's letting in more soft goals so far this season that he did in the entire '02-03 season. Grant you, without ANY defense, he's getting twice the work and responsibility and he can't be expected to stop everything.

This season's group of Senators prospects (at least those in Binghamton) are a failure and the team should dump them and move on.
The thing is, this year, the prospects weren't expected to carry the team. The guys who were supposed to lead this team were Langfeld, Hamel, Corso, Payer, Bancroft and Smrek, and aside from the first two guys, those players simply aren't doing enough right now.

Guys like Laich, Platil, Thompson (really the only first year bingo sens) weren't expected to be the go to guys.