View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 07:01 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Looking at the future
*Given enough time LLW will get back to how they were last season and KJW will become at least as effective as they need to be as a second line... Kane had some moments in creating offense and Jokinen has only played in this line for 3-4 practices
*PBA have shown they will be fine shutting down the other teams best guns
*The 4th line is a 4th line and they don't really have a huge effect on the game past being secondary defense guys and some energy minutes, which I don't doubt that Wright-Slater-Thorburn will have any trouble doing.
*Enstrom-Byfuglien show that they can do what they do
*Hainsey was ok in the second pair but he needs to be the weaker support guy (#4) not the main guy (#3)
*Postma showed poor defensive zone coverage, but he is a rookie and he also showed really great offensive instincts; I think this shows he can do well if he's severely sheltered (like Stuart)
*The power play showed that it has potential but needs some minor adjustments
*The D core showed that it needs Bogosian back so that Hainsey-Bogosian can take all the tough minutes allowing for super sheltering of Stuart-Postma

What I would do:
*Keep forward lines pretty much the same for even strength and keep PP1 the same... they all showed signs although had their problems
*Switch Redmond for Clitsome and put Redmond on the 2nd pair with Hainsey and Stuart with Postma on the 3rd pair
*Change PP2 to Antro-Scheifele/Wellwood-Jokinen Hainsey/Redmond-Postma... Kane is not ready for PP and Antro has had a lot of success there; Scheifele/Wellwood can distribute and Jokinen/Antro can be big boddies on the wall and in front of the net
*Pray that Bogosian comes back soon then you can shelter the **** out of Stuart-Postma who should end up being a positive instead of a negative there