Old
01-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
No mistakes...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I agree that Buff played great and Postma played poorly... but...
What if Postma's hit on the post had gone in... and Byfuglien's shot didn't...
What if none of Postma's 4 giveaways resulted in a goal... and one of Byfuglien's 4 did...
Wouldn't change much from my POV.

Goal aside, Buff was a force to be reckoned with. He looked smooth and composed with the puck, and was creating offense. Although there were some close calls (ie. one near breakaway on the PP that was deftly broken up by Toby and his mammoth stick), I never once felt like he was wildly out of position and unable to recover. It's one game, but it really looks like his skating and conditioning are on another level compared to last year.

Postma was hot garbage in almost every aspect. Even when he wasn't spraying the puck around mindlessly, he looked totally lost with his positioning. No doubt he has some offensive ability, but he looks like a total liability out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
It's one game and it happens.
If we can get Bogo back soon we'll have a competent top4 that we can start sheltering the **** out of our 3rd pairing and two Stuart/Postma/Redmond/Clitsome can beat the **** out of 4th liners.
Agreed on both counts.

Like Gump said earlier (paraphrasing), this was a bit of a bizarre game and probably one that isn't really indicative of anything other than a team with major rust to shake off. As bad as the Jets looked, the Sens didn't look a whole lot better, and there certainly was an opportunity to bury them in the early going. Especially if Neil was given a 5 and a game for boarding, which IMO would've been the right call.