View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
You're kind of making assumptions about my stance and arguing things that I wasn't arguing against.

I'm not even arguing/moaning that we should have kept Hodgson, or condemning Schroeder's play by any stretch. I just hate when fans put on rose-colored glasses and totally lean to one side, downplaying the abilities of players the minute they leave.

I'm rooting for Schroeder and I admire his effort/performance these last two years, but I think it's pretty clear that Hodgson is the better prospect at this point.
I think Hodgson has been given far more opportunity at the NHL level than Schroeder has. In fact, Schroeder has had NONE at all. When Schroeder does get the same opportunity, then we shall see who the better prospect is.

I think I have a pretty good head on my shoulders. I trust my instincts. I dont think you can make it without speed or strength in todays game and schroeder has both and Hodgson does not.

Schroeder is also durable and Hodgson is not.

Nobody says Schroeder has a better shot or better offensive instincts. Cody totally does. But Schroeder is also a first round draft pick. Its not like we picked the guy up on waivers.

Its my opinion Schroeder will make the better pro. I dont doubt your opinion. You seem reasonable to me. We just disagree on this point.