View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSockalypse View Post
I agree. Just with Geno and Sid our top 6 kind of calls for those elite wingers that are supposed to be there. Tangradi fits the prototype for the Malkin-Neal combo, he just needs to develop. No better way than experience. I think it's just a little more urgent for this year in the shorter season because points and division games mean so much more.
if we had good scoring wingers available I would pack Tangradi's bags and drive him down to WBS or to whichever team claimed him. But we don't. We have Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke.

The difference between Tangradi right now and either of those guys is small enough that it likely won't be costing us many games and the potential upside is worth that potential short term downgrade. And if it doesn't work out, we either make a trade or play Cooke or TK in that spot. Those guys are complete. They are what they are at this point. Either of them can step in after 20 games and play just as well as they would have if they started the season there. Tangradi, on the other hand, actually may be able to improve if given the opportunity. That's why I want him playing that spot.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote