View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 08:07 PM
aSockalypse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
if we had good scoring wingers available I would pack Tangradi's bags and drive him down to WBS or to whichever team claimed him. But we don't. We have Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke.

The difference between Tangradi right now and either of those guys is small enough that it likely won't be costing us many games and the potential upside is worth that potential short term downgrade. And if it doesn't work out, we either make a trade or play Cooke or TK in that spot. Those guys are complete. They are what they are at this point. Either of them can step in after 20 games and play just as well as they would have if they started the season there. Tangradi, on the other hand, actually may be able to improve if given the opportunity. That's why I want him playing that spot.
I totally agree. I was about to say I used to like thinking that Kennedy could turn into a top 6 wing but he's turned out to be a (semi) gritty guy and occasional "that's what I thought he would be scorer". Really like Kennedy-Sutter-Cooke on the 3rd right now. I know that Tangradi hasn't had a full season, and this is finally it where he will get his chance at a top 6. I mean I'm a Pens fan I obviously hope that he turns in to all that we hope him to be, I just think there's too much hype on him for how his progression has gone since hitting minors. Curious to see how the top 6 winds up in the stretch.

aSockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote