View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 08:23 PM
sexyllama

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
When you trade a prospect under this CBA framework you're giving up multiple years of an asset at less than it's true value. In the cap era those guys are worth their weight in gold and in fact it seems the best formula to build a team good enough to win the Cup is to have several guys significantly outperforming ELCs or RFA deals. Under that system these young guys with good upside have immense value potential. You don't give them up lightly for a two month rental.

You can gladly part with Harrington or Maatta, but I doubt they would be the centerpiece in a deal to land you the big fish. You're probably talking Morrow or Pouliot which would be much harder to do. And imo Bennett is untouchable, can't give up our only viable wing prospect.
Exactly, we can't call up what we don't have. If we can't land a big fish, I'd love to get another viable TOP 6 Wing prospect.

Does anyone really think we can get a young high end wing like B. Ryan for Kunitz, Morrow, and 1st? I personally think they'd want more.

sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote