View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 08:45 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
For you people saying Couts had a bad game you have to be kidding... He was matched up against Malkin again and if you expect him to score much this season when he plays against top competition you will probably be upset. If he can play top defense again this season while chipping in offensively here and there I will be happy. He is young and his offensive game will grow in the coming seasons. Be patient...

Read/Voracek/Simmonds all played very well this game, but I would leave Schenn with Giroux for another game to see what happens. Read and Simmonds are great linemates for Laughton. Voracek, granted his offense is limited in this role, is one of our better defensive forwards and will help the puck position on that line.

On defense, I was also impressed by Mez. He had a great game especially considering that he was paired up with Foster most of the game. Foster was getting rocked. Kimmo is the perfect partner for Luke out there. Luke loves to go for that check that takes him out of position and Kimmo was always backing him up. Coburn/Grossmann are a great shut down pair and hopefully Grossmann will stay healthy throughout the season and into the playoffs.

Overall the Flyers played a solid game.
Who are you expecting to cover for Jagr and JVR's goals/points? He will have to get points, he can't just play a shutdown role. Honestly if thats all you expect from him, just throw him on the 4th line with Talbot and Feds and sign or bring someone else up to bring some offense. We can not just depend on 1 or 2 people for offense.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote