View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm a bit behind on my PVR here... Hot Stove is saying we're offering him 2 years at 3 mil? If that's true... that's crazy. I get the two year deal but 3 mil per? That can't be right.
To be honest, I'm not sure on the numbers exactly, but this has been my impression from the beginning.
PK has always been a team guy. The kid just seems like he simply loves playing the game and that's all he's about. Despite the many tries of certain people to taint his image, the guy has done nothing but conduct himself well off the ice, and he does tons for the community. I've seen him about 20 times in bars downtown, not once was he drunk or with a drink in his hands (I've seen so many of them over the years, from Souray, to Hammer, Markov, Koivu, Lats, Higgins, Gorges, MaxPAc, Grabo, really, most of them, and always drunk. Heck Sergei Kostitsyn was dancing on a table at Bueno with Markov, Ovechkin and AK.)
During the lockout, kid has never said a bad thing about anybody. Just that it was part of the game and hopefully it'd get resolved asap, mainly for the fans.
On the ice, same thing. The guy is so pumped when his team wins (triple low five with Price, Jumping hip side celebration with PRice), he's the first to jump on a teammate after he scored, he backs up his teammates whenever there's scrums, never said a bad word of anybody.
And now, out of nowhere, this guy is this greedy selfish player that's asking for the world?
It just doesn't add up.

Meanwhile, we have a new rookie GM that has publicly admitted he wants to instill a salary structure in place, including bridge contracts after ELC, that's rumored to be about 2years.

It makes a lot more sense that Bergevin is the one tightening the pocket way more than he should. More so than PK being greedy at least.