View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 08:59 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Simmonds looked awesome in this game. Schenn and Couturier, not so much. I really dont like the decision to put Schenn on the top line wing. I like Voracek a lot better there.

All in all though, that wasn't a bad game. The team as a whole looked really good outside of the first period. If bryz can play this good most of the time, I think this team can compete for the #1 seed. The PP units need work, and I'm not a fan of Briere but he's an important piece there, admittedly.

Right now the most concerning thing to me is Schenn and Couturier. I hope they shake it off and rebound
I agree with all of this. I know it's early, but I would rather Schenn play 2nd line C and Couturier play 3rd line. Frankly, I don't think either one of them is ready to carry a line offensively yet, especially Couturier (and I'm a huge Couturier fan).

There's a lot this season riding on these two being able to build off of last season, and I think that's a big risk. One of the reasons I don't have high expectations for this year.

All that being said, the Penguins didn't do much after the first period. Really like what I saw from Luke and Grossmann.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote