View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 09:22 PM
TCL40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Even though the PP didn't officially score, I like that they are finally giving Krejci a go on the point. In his last season in Gatineau, he often manned the point on the PP and was quite effective.
I liked him on the point better than the half wall.

I think what I mostly liked about the PP-was they were actually moving and I liked the fact that the defense would occasionally pinch up. Basically some aspects definitely looked better even if they didn't score (let's give it a chance against a goalie who isn't a machine). I still think they stink at getting into the zone though and sometimes the passes are slow and sloppy.

Hamilton was impressive-he was better than I expected and had a lot of poise. I still figure he is going to have some growing pains, but I think this kid is here to stay and will be contributing.

McQuaid is probably not entirely in game shape given he was just clearly to play. But overall I thought the defense looked excellent. Very few huge defensive breakdowns (other than the Chara penalty and the goal).

Nash is going to be good for the Rangers, but the Rangers don't have any other huge scoring threats on other lines-Julien just has to send Chara onto the ice and say "go get 'em" and Chara gets him over and over and over again (and Nash got hit by the Chara train several times).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote