View Single Post
01-19-2013, 10:58 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I understand, "Its a buisness" and all that crap, but my opinion is biased as I am totally sick of management vs. union from the lockout, now Hab fans have to sit thru another lockout while on of our top players plays chicken with Bergevin.
Lets face it PK is a hugh talent, but still very young, has never had a great season, did fill a hugh void last season with the absence of Markov, but still struggled defensively at times, is not the offensive threat that Karleson is, is not tough as nails like Weber, he has his weaknesses for sure, and lets face it he helped lead a team to last place last season, for that we want to open the bank. I heard from TSN panel he was asking for 6million a season and long term deal. He hasn't earned it period.
If he wants a long term deal it should be scaled up to pay him based on performance, but those contracts really don't exsist so I would offer him 4 million/yr for 2years. If he came back with 4.5million/yr for 2 years I'd do it. anything more is actually hurting this franchise. The canadiens are rebuilding, we will be a weak team for a few years and if we traded PK for a couple first rounders I would be all over it.
If it's true that PK asked for multi year with 6M per year then I am all for trading him to another team.