View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 10:08 PM
dutchy29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I don't understand this reasoning and how you and some are so quick to just trade PK. We're rebuilding, you have a 23 year old #1 dman and instead of paying him you'd rather trade him for picks? And what if those picks turn out to have really good years under their ELC and you offer 2 year deals. Will you trade them for picks too?

Bridge contract for a player of Subban's ilk is ridiculous. He has earned a great deal so far. 2 straight seasons as a the team's best dman and he's been great in the playoffs thus far. This is pro sports...deals are based on what you have done and what you will potentially do. I mean, how many players really "earn" their deals? Few and far between so I don't get the "he hasn't earned it" talk.
Subban's Ilk? He finished 26th in defenseman scoring and couldn't get our dreadful powerplay clicking to even an average level, where did our PP finish? I will give him a great +/- considering he played for a last place team but, like a said he has not had a great year yet. good year yes. Big contracts are for players that are sure things, who have prove to be dominant at the NHL level. After two good years Subban cannot claim to be a great d man.
If your asking do I want to build a rebuilding franchise around a player who thinks 36 points is a great season then no I will pass.