Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins | 1/19/13
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
h0ckeyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
I thought we were way off the mark in terms of team defense from last year, seems like we got pinned in our zone quite a bit and our breakout was horrid. Neutral zone wasn't great either. Oh wait a minute we weren't very solid in all three zones...

Sloppy, poorly played game, didn't seem like we had much of a strategy to be honest so either Torts didn't give them much of a game plan or they failed miserably to execute.

Sucks because I was thinking we'd win tonight and lose tomorrow. I think we might be a better match up against the Pens though at least until we get going physically. Seemed timid tonight.
Agreed for sure. Grit and team D was almost non-existent. Didn't look like a torts-esque team. Lots of hockey to be played, definitely not enough to start getting worried yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
D-zone was solid but had too many breakdowns. They'd be fine for a bit but then would be swimming for a while, relying solely on Hank. Breakout particularly left a lot to be desired.

Offensively I agree, forecheck was not there. Dubi and Prust are missed to an extent for sure, but I actually thought Pyatt filled in well for Prust from a forechecking standpoint. I was less impressed with the o-zone possession of the top 2 lines, especially line 2. Callahan can't be that invisible in a game, not to mention Gabby and Stepan.
Not much creativity out there, when you look at how many crafty players are on the roster. I hope Gabby is still not 100%, because he is so invisible. He is so unbelievabley soft, when he isn't creating chances he is useless out there. I agree about Pyatt and liked his effort, Rupp as well to some extent.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote